February 3, 2017
- anxiety, Barby Ingle, caregivers, caretakers, Chronic Pain, depression, International Pain Foundation, Pain, pain foundation, pain patients, Sleep
TIPS FOR CAREGIVERS WHEN IT COMES TO ASSESSING HOW THE PATIENT IS DOING – by Barby Ingle
- Are they able to communicate?
- Are they able to stay focused and remember things?
- Are they frequently grimacing, crying, groaning, or otherwise indicating extreme distress?
- Are they maintaining proper grooming practices?
- Are they sleeping at night for the right number of hours?
- Can they speak clearly and audibly and does what they say make sense?
- Do they appear anxious or irritable?
- Do they appear depressed?
- Has their appetite increased or decreased, or have they gained or lost weight?
- Have they increased use of tobacco or alcohol?
- Have they maintained their relationships with family and friends?
- Insomnia and poor sleeping cycles can result from being in a lot of pain.