Music Moves Awareness, Join the Virtual Choir
Have the Nerve to be Heard and Make a Difference In The Lives of Millions Living with Chronic Pain
Find Hope is True in your favorite music store. Visit www.hopeistrue.org to see a full list of music outlets. Our hope is that you are empowered and inspired with our song. We hope our song lifts you up when your down and brings you good vibes when you need them most.
Hope is True
Empowering song with music video using celebrity Grammy award winning talent and creative involvement, with a video spotlighting a day in the life of chronic pain patients.
According to the American Music Therapy Association, “Music Therapy is the clinical and evidence-based use of music interventions to accomplish individualized goals within a therapeutic relationship by a credentialed professional who has completed an approved music therapy program.
iPain’s Music Project is based on patient empowerment. Musically, our song is one that people can sing along the first time they hear it. With star power behind the song a great spotlight will shine on the patients. Inspiring millions who suffer with chronic pain to become engaged in being their own best advocate. Awareness will be created for millions of viewers and listeners around the world.
We use music to make our lives better. Patients need better access to care. We will be using music as the key component to reach them socially, cognitively, physically, emotionally, and developmentally.
When used properly, music can be an incredibly powerful treatment tool because it’s fun, relaxing, and motivating. Music has a profound impact on our brains and our bodies. Music is also a great way to reach the public, share our stories and grow personal empowerment.
I HAVE THE NERVE TO BE HEARD!
- One in three people (100 million+) in the United States are affected with a condition that causes chronic pain. Approaching 700 million world wide according to Committee on Global Humanitarian Outreach.
- Cost to American public of chronic pain is $635 billion dollars — lost productivity, lost wages, and healthcare fees.
- The Department of Health & Human Services has declared chronic pain a public health crisis and mandated that a National Pain Strategy be developed to address chronic pain challenges.
- Chronic pain is a real and complex disease that may exist by itself or be linked with other medical conditions
- Effective pain care requires ACCESS to a wide range of treatment options; currently being denied
- Chronic pain is an unrecognized and under resourced public health crisis with devastating personal and economic impact
- Allowing people to suffer with unmanaged pain is immoral and unethical
International Pain Foundation has developed the Music Moves Awareness campaign to increase access to proper and timely care for chronic pain patients. There are over 150 different types of diseases that involve chronic pain. We call on each of you to help us move awareness through dance and song to become one united voice that is powerful and persuasive. We must come together in one motion to make a difference in the lives of those living among us with chronic pain.
- Increase Patients access to proper and timely care by at least 25% based on our needs assessment survey of 1645 patients taken in 2015.
- Improve outcomes of patient and provider interactions by at least 25% based on our needs assessment survey of 1645 patients taken in 2015.
- Creating self-empowered and knowledgeable patients that are able to use these tools to achieve better daily living by at least 25% based on our needs assessment survey of 1645 patients taken in 2015